Monday 13 August 2012

Cancer.

So about three weeks ago, we found out that my dad has cancer. Its stage 4, although I'm not sure what that entails. I don't even think I would want to know. I decided to start this blog just to get my thoughts out.

I've been in a constant state of disbelief, because my old man looks fine except for the tiredness, and he's short of breath every now and then. I don't see how it is possible that he can leave, like, stop existing just like that. I don't believe it yet. His chemo therapy starts next week and I'm hoping he'll react well to it.. I'm nervous. What if he throws up a lot and gets really skinny ('cause that's what happens, right?). He's so skinny already but he's been that way all his life. I'm positive most of the time but every now and then when things are quiet around the house or when I'm focusing hard on my work, the scary thoughts make their way into my mind and they stay there for longer than I prefer.

At least now I have the world to share this journey with.
But it doesn't make this any less scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment