Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Scan

Today my dad went for his CT scans. They found "something" in his lung that they want to fix before he starts his chemotherapy (my mom didn't say what it was and when I asked, she called it a 'dinges' which most Afrikaans people would understand). I don't know if she actually didn't want to tell me or if it really slipped her mind. I don't know.

Before I was told that it was cancer, my dad had two operations done. He had liquid (water?) pushing up against his lung that made it hard to breathe so they put a drain in him to drain the liquid. They also basically rinsed out his lungs (operation 1). Then they fastened his lung to his pleura in order to make it impossible for the liquid to go in between the two and 'squash' the lung (operation 2). Now he's just gone back to the hospital because of the CT scan thing - they phoned and said he should go immediately. I'm a little worried because it seems quite urgent.

I am hating not knowing what exactly is going on, its frustrating because I'm being left out of the loop like I'm a little child. I think next time, or tonight when my mom gets home, I'll ask her to explain to me exactly what is going on. I rate I would rather want to know and be informed of things immediately so I can start to process it instead of only being told later on..

One can only hope this thing in his lung isn't too bad. This is so frustrating.

At least he's still with us though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment